Car stolen from employers parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadRN

I am an RN in the NICU of a local hospital. This past Saturday night my back pack was stolen from my unit while I was trying to start an IV on a baby. I know who did it because there was only one family in there at the time. ( very rouh derilict type family)

When this family left the unit I noticed my back pack was gone so I knew they stole it and called security immediately. I do not keep anything of value in my work back pack so I really wasn't worried about the back pack itself but my car keys were in there. I immediately ran downstairs and met security to go into the parking lot to make sure my car was there, which at that time it was.

Security said they would watch my car while I filled out the police report and got my spare key brought from home so I could move my car to a safe location.

Well...while I was filling out the police report inside the hospital. The hospital's security people left my car unattended and the thieves came back and use my keyless entry to steal my car:eek: , They were able to identify it b/c the make of my car was on imprinted on my key. So all they had to do was click to see which car responded.

My question is: Is the hospital liable b/c they neglected to watch my car as they stated they would? I would have sat out there myself and made the police officer come to my car to do the report had I known they were not going to watch it. Yes, my car is insured but I have a deductible not mention the rental car, etc. and I am absolutely furious with the hospital security department!!!!:mad:
Any advice would be very helpful.

Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back