Car sold elsewhere after contract signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrjazz

My friend signed the contract for a used 2003 350Z with about 41000km (Lexus dealership). I checked it out with him and made sure everything looked and was okay with it. No accidents, and the vin# check was good...So what happened was that the car was to be dropped off at my friend's work the following day, and after a test drive, it was pretty much his car.

The day of the drop off, the salesman called my friend with bad news and said that the general sales manager sold the car that afternoon... WHAT!!

So, the situation now is, my friend has a signed contract, a deposit that was added to his credit card, BUT NO CAR! The story of the salesman was that the manager sold the car to his buddy... the story from the manager was that he didn't want to be responsible for selling a "crappy car", explaining that there were so many problems with the car that it wasn't worth selling... and to add to that, he already sold it to an auction house...

Doesn't make any sense... Can my friend fight this??? We've looked over the contract and nothing on there states that once a car is bought, the dealer can cancel or sell the car blind-sided.. without the purchaser's notification...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back