car restorer exceeded contract time limit - no progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
European Union
Hello all,

i contracted a restorer to restore my 67 mustang. we made a contract at my parents house stating the total price for restorartion and stating the several stages of the restoration like sandblasting dessaseblying and painting. we set the timeframe for 4 months and also i would pay 1000 each month according to the progress. 4 months are now gone but i kept my part of paying 1000 each month. however the work done is only reflecting two months and there is still lot of work to be done to get to painting. he always comes up with excuses and must admit that i feel victimised as he tries to intimitate me that if i pressure him he would make lower quality job. also, in the meantime he repairs other cars and delivers them. how can i proceed? i am afraid if i tell him about our contract he will do inferior work and also still to ignore me. can i move against him and do i stand a chance in court?

Sorry - this is a US law forum only.

Having said that - you DO understand that things are much different in the world now than they were four months ago, right?

Don't pay him anything more without verifying the status of the work.
Eventually when you get the car back, you can make an issue of the failure to deliver on time. If he doesn't make things right with you then seek a civil judgment against him and convince a judge why he should compensate you.

yes i understand. however he works on his own and his shop is in his home garage. also the work done is mostly labour work
This forum is for US LAW MATTERS ONLY. You, apparently, don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back