Car Repair Issues - Need advice please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aintmar

Hi All,
I have a question regarding dealerships and mechanics. I have a 2003 Nissan Xterra that I bought in 2003. At that time, I purchased the extended warranty that extended it to 100,000 miles or 6 years.
I took my car in for an oil change and the lube shop told me that I had an oil leak.
The next day, I took it into the authorized dealership that I had purchased the warranty through to fix the problem.
While fixing the oil leak, the had to remove the transmission and thus remove the transmission oil. After I received the car back (8 days later), I discovered that they had forgot to refill the transmission oil. At this point, I had been driving it for a week with no oil.
To make a long story short, I have had to take the car back to them 4 times now because they keep saying that they found additional leaks and fixed them. At this point, it is still leaking!!
I finally got fed up and called the manufacturer who said that they would consider replacing the transmission due to the fact that they were at fault. They are supposed to get back with me sometime next week.
This has been going on for about 4 weeks now and I really don't think that I should have to take my car back to a place that cannot fix an oil leak and won't aknowledge that there is a transmission problem or take responsibility for it.
Is there anything more that I can do to get this repaired? I had read something about the lemon law and that if they can't repair after a reasonable number of attempts, they have to provide you with a new car or refund your money. I know that we are beyond the one year period, but didn't know if there was another similar law out there.
Basically, I am trying to find out what my options are. At this point, I am not confident in the transmission or the motor as new issues have popped up since we put it in the shop. Please keep in mind, that this car has never had any other issues and we were religious with the oil changes and upkeep.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Sue the bad people in small claims court for the actual and direct dollar amount of damages that you suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back