car insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsavage

my car was stolen and burnt out and my insurance wont pay coz they said it was impossible for any to brake into the car .after fighting this case for six mths .they decide to crush my car without asking me be for doing so.i have 4yrs left to pay on the car their for the car is still mine .i have never seen the car since the night it was taken and asked to see it on a number of acausion .the damage was only in the side of the car .the engine and many of the parts were not touched.as i dont belive a scrap yard would crush the car due to the amount of money that could be made from selling all the parts .

1. do they have aright to crush my car without asking me, as the car belongs to me .

2.. dose this mean they have to pay out as they made the decision to crush it.

3... is the scrap yard libel for selling stolen parts as i still own the car ?

This is a clear violation of your rights

From what I understand, your car was stolen, when was it recovered? Were you informed that it has been recovered? You should've been informed of any action that the car insurance company ordered.

Something doesn't make sense at all. If the insurance company refuses to pay then they have zero say in what happens to the car. If they pay out a full claim (totaling the car) they get a salvage title and they do what they want with the car (they "bought" it from you). Absent them paying out the car belongs to you regardless of what shape it is in. Can you resolve that conflict for me?

Junk yards can by cars without titles. I've never looked into why and it has always been a but of a mystery to me but I know they can. I'm sure that they have an elevated level of liability when they do so.

It sounds to me like you have a claim against the insurance and possibly against the salvage yard. No car is "impossible" to steal, that's preposterous and can't be their serious reason for "not paying" the claim. Because there is an insurance company involved you should have no problem finding a lawyer to take the case on a contingency (You don't have to pay up front). This shouldn't be a hard case for a lawyer.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back