car dealer fraud

D

donnakay1010

Jurisdiction
California
Hello, We are an auto wholesaler. We have sold 11 cars to a licensed dealer who refuses to pay for them because he has no money. In the meantime he has sold them to consumers and financed them with lenders. We have presented him with a demand to pay, along with a demand letter to his bond lawyer. We have also contacted the lenders with the facts of nonpayment and the fraud committed by this dealer. Question 1. can we repossess these cars for non payment? Can I file fraud against him in a local jurisdiction? When the cars were left he was given a purchase order that title would not be passed until final payment was received.

You need to consult an attorney in your county.
Much of what you can do legally should be contained in your sales documents.
If you repossess the cars he's allegedly sold to innocent consumers, there might be blowback.
You have a mess.
You should also contact the apprpriate law enforcement agency, or the district attorney.
It appears fraud and/or conversion has been committed.
I never suggest any self help remedy.
It can create issues for the one acting in such a capacity without the proper legal authority to do so, if something were to go awry.

I'm speechless.

My friend, many people, some businesses, operate against the simple operating principle created by the workd's oldest vocation: "COLLECT the cash payment in full, before handing over the goods"!

I, too, find the admission baffling.

Back