car damaged during shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftwal777

hello i recently purchaced a classic car on ebay and had the vehicle shipped to me, the car was purchased in MS and shipped to NY. The issue i have run into is that the car was damaged during shipping its not body damage but paint damage something from one of the other vehicles or the truck dripped all over it and ate into the paint. When the car arrived i signed the liability waiver(the driver refused to leave without it signed) but refused to check either box stating with or without damage because the car was covered in debree. Once clean i noticed the damage right away and contacted the shipper that same evening, ive since recieved an estimate for repairs 5400$ (paint has to be completely redone) and even tried to work out an agreement with the shipper for him to cover just half the costs. he refuses and says he is not liable due to his liability notice saying hes not liabale for damage caused by other cars on the truck, i however feel that it is driver neglect due to the amount of damage and should be covered. i have statments saying the paint was perfect when it left the seller and am willing to get other estimates i want to do anything with in reason andthat would be cost effective to settle this any ideas or help would be great, the shipper buisness an llc is also located in ny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back