Car accident the guy run the red light

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehungminh

Yesterday I was involved in an accident , the guy run a red light. Police have call out, but I don't think we file a accident report, we only file for event report. He did told the police that he ran the red light, I have witness that saw everything. The police told me that if we only exchange information it will not go to record and insurance will not see it. Police did check for his insurance and it good. So my husband and the guy exchange information in front of the police. I call his insurance and now they can't contact their client to get my car fix or get a rental car for me. And my insurance doesn't have rental car reimburse so now I am stuck, I told the claim department that I need to get a car to get to a doctor. Since I am also 3 months pregnant, did went to ER yesterday after accident everything is fine. So how I am pursuit to get the car fix. Thank all.

It sounds as if you are saying the other driver's insurance is valid, but the insurance company does not want to take action without hearing from him.
Keep track of your expenses and document everything. You need to submit any claims to that insurance company with the appropriate insurance policy number.
If you end up paying for your own rental you can potentially submit that claim to the other insurance also.
Your own insurance company should be able to help you through this even though the other company may end up paying.
In the end, if the insurance company does not pay up, your option is to take the other guy to court. If you end up winning a judgment in court it would most likely be paid by his insurance company and you could be reimbursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back