Car accident information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breesuzie

I was the driver in a two car accident. the ambulance was called because I hit my head and I had a lot of pain. My husband who was the passenger stayed with the car. neither one of us have ever been in an accident. so we are confused about the way things happened. I was never interviewed. when the police officer talked to my husband, he said you can not do a u turn in the middle of the road. My husband said we were not doing a u turn, we were pulling out of a parking lot. The officer got huffy and said the evidence doesnt lie. My husband said for him to look at the skid marks . and suggested the other driver was going to fast and didnt see us at all. my husband requested the officer took pictures. He then took pictures of our car and the skid marks. My big concern is my husband over heard on looks talking and he heard someone say the officer and the other driver were "buddies".
My husband was asking questions, "don't the other driver and I have to exchange info? " the officer told him the accident report will be available in 4 to 7 days

How can the accident report be filed when I was never asked what happened? Don't I have the right to be heard?

No, you don't have a right to be heard on the street in the middle of a police investigation.

You can be heard, to a certain extent in court.

That's where you make your case, before a judge, not before a cop investigating an accident.

If the officer needed to interview, he couldn't because you were at the hospital.

If you received a citation, plead not guilty and tell it to the judge.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

This does not seem fair. The officer talked to the other driver for at least a half an hour. The officer was accusing us of making a u turn because that was what the other driver told him. A little one sided don't you think?

This does not seem fair. The officer talked to the other driver for at least a half an hour. The officer was accusing us of making a u turn because that was what the other driver told him. A little one sided don't you think?

What I think is irrelevant.

If you feel the officer behaved inappropriately, talk to the chief, or internal affairs.

Otherwise, tell it to the judge.
Judges get paid to resolve disputes.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
You weren't there so it seems you couldn't say for sure what the officer did or said. If a decision goes against you based on the officers findings then you may have a good argument to raise about not being interviewed. In my experience police usually follow up at the hospital. No telling why that didn't happen.
Best thing you can do right now is get everything on record with your insurance company.

Even if you did not make a u-turn, it appears you pulled out in front of another vehicle, causing the accident. Wait for a citation and see what develops. Report this to your insurance.

I already called insurance company. I am waiting to see the report before I talk to his superiors. So I have written proof. I called legal aid and they gave me numbers to lawyers that will help. Thanks to all who answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back