Car accident; collection claim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

egamino80

Hi my name is Eddie and I live in California. On September 13, 2004, I was driving my mother's car on two way, when a truck pulled out in front of me. Even though I hit my brakes, I could not avoid hitting his truck. The impact only left a minor dent in his door. Although the other guy made an unsafe turn by pulling out in front of me, the police did not make a police report. The other driver made a $6,000 claim, even though it was his fault. I reported the incident to my mother's insurance company. They denied coverage because they claim they only insured my mother as driver, even though my mother authorized me to drive her car. Either he or his insurance company Farmers Insurance sent this claim to a collections agency, even though neither he nor Farmers Insurance ever brought a court action against me to prove liability. Since the beginning of year 2005, I have been receiving dunning telephone calls and letters from Credit Collection Services and DRC Services Group. The collection agencies are now demanding $12,000. Can anyone help me get these collection agencies off my back? As I stated, (1) the other driver was at fault and (2) the other driver never even brought a court action against me proving liability. I can't afford to hire a lawyer to get a declaratory judgment to clear my name. Surely their actions are against the law. Is there anything I can do? Under the leagl statute, is it too late for them to do anything to me? Or am I out of luck? thanks:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back