H Visa Cap h1 - NonCap h1 - Cap h1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raj345

Hello,

I currently hold H1b visa (cap quota), i have an offer from a non profit organization and they are willing to sponsor for my H1b (non cap as this is from a non profit org). I'd like to know will there be any problem if in future i plan to move to a company that will sponsor h1b (cap). How difficult is to transfer from non cap h1 to cap h1?

I read online that if i plan to move from a non-cap h1 to cap h1 in future i have to apply in April under the general quota and wait until Oct to start work again. though i can work until the petition is pending.

I'd really appreciate any advise...

Thanks
Raj
Bookmark and Share

Hello,

I currently hold H1b visa (cap quota), i have an offer from a non profit organization and they are willing to sponsor for my H1b (non cap as this is from a non profit org). I'd like to know will there be any problem if in future i plan to move to a company that will sponsor h1b (cap). How difficult is to transfer from non cap h1 to cap h1?

I read online that if i plan to move from a non-cap h1 to cap h1 in future i have to apply in April under the general quota and wait until Oct to start work again. though i can work until the petition is pending.

I'd really appreciate any advise...

Thanks
Raj
Bookmark and Share

You should speak with an immigration attorney (that you hire), or your prospective employer's immigration service or attorney.

It isn't as easy as you have been led to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back