Can't get my divorce decreed half of 401K...what do I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krissjustme

27 yr marriage ended nearly five years ago and the last five years have been a "Murphy's Law" hell. I was decreed one-half of the 401K, unfortunately, the benefits administrator didn't like the language of the order. I didn't have an attorney at the final divorce hearing (he had his priviledges removed for 9 months because of a different case), the judge was not a fan of my attorney and because of his own agenda, told me that I could continue on without an attorney or start from scratch because he was leaving the bench. I choose to continue on. Now, years later, I have had to file bankruptcy (may/2007) to rid myself of zoombie debt collectors from my ex's bankruptcy and from medical expenses incurred from my daughter's thyroid removal (precancerous). I finally saved enough money to hire an attorney to get the language correct for the court ordered dispursement of the 401K, only to be told that the company was sold to another. I don't know what to do next. I am planning to move across the country and start over in two months. I had also planned to keep out a portion of the funds to use for much needed dental and medical care for myself and my daughter.
Please, offer any assistance/advice that you can, as I am at a loss as to what to do and I financially can't afford to continually throw more money at this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back