Can't get dealership to get key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiass

We bought a brand new pontiac g8 and drove it from el paso, TX to New Mexico where we live. When we got home we tried the spare key they gave us in the ignition. It was the wrong key. We called the dealership and they told us to mail the key to them and they would contact pontiac and get the right key. This has been going on for 7 months. We bought the car in June of 2008. We have called repeatedly and still nothing but an empty promise the key will get to us soon. I have contacted pontiac headquarters and still no response. What else can We do? Any sugestions are great!

contact DMV and they will dispute this issue. They will actually send someone to follow up on the key. I would start there.

Someone Please give me your advice.

Here is an update from a thread about dealership not getting my spare key to me. I called pontiac in michigan (the plant or headquarters). They tried to call the dealership and the dealership told them they had no order for the key. I called the dealership myself and talked to the salesman and he told me he would call me right back. Still no call. It has been almost 8 months now and I am at a deadend. Do I have any legal right to do something? They did make the empty verbal promise to get the key to me right away and now my husband is deployed so I have to deal with the bull on my own. They have been nothing but rude. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Go to a locksmith and get a key made.

Can't just go to the locksmith and get a key made as it has a computer chip in it!!! Also buying a brand new car you would think they would have went out of their way to get the spare key from the plant.

It is an electronic key. Body shops are usually best at getting them. Just bring your car in and they will order you a key. It may cost you money(possible up to 200), but I promise you it will be well worth it to just make this go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back