Cancelling a real estate contract HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake88

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and had wished I had found this sooner. Anyway, here is my situation

We had listed our condo in Vancouver for sale about a month ago with an agent. From the begining, we had stressed to him that we need to sell in 1 month due to an offer we had put on another house. When the realtor had come to see us the first time, he had said that either he or his partner would be showing the place and that we just have to worry about cleaning the place. After we had signed the contract, he did a few showings but then started to ask us to do the showings for him. And being on a tight schedule, we could NOT say no. So we would have to reagrrange our schedule 6x to get the showings done. There were other examples, but I won't go into the details.

So here is my question:

Before we had signed the contract, the agent had emailed us state that he will cancel the contract without the 60 day period if we were not happy with his services, however, we do not have a signed agreement. We have told him that we are delisting our unit with him, however he is going back on his word in regards to the initial agreement. What should I do? Well this email stand up as the agreement?
Help please!!!

On last note, we are deciding on wheather to sell this place with another agent or just forget about it altogether, but are currently leaning towards using another agent.

Thanks

Jake,

Send a letter to the agent's broker stating your situation. Make sure to include the agent's promise to release the listing at any time. Say that public image is vital in the real estate industry, and that the brokerage's reputation could be harmed if it becomes public knowledge that they screw over clients like that.

If that doesn't work, then you need a stern letter from an attorney saying in effect that the agent isn't effectively representing your property, and there will be a lawsuit if they do not simply cancel the listing. This may or may not work.

Whatever you do, I'd see a local attorney who specializes in these matters.

My husband signed a contract to sell his mobile home and one acre of land, he is 78 years old and very sick. I am his wife of fifty years and I did not sign, he changed his mind after he saw talked with the would be buyer and became confused. Today he got a letter from the would be buyer lawer saying that he is taking him to court and he placed an addendum on the property. HELP!!!!!

Hello all, My name is Ann and I am new.
My husband is 78 years old, very sick and signed an agreement to sell an acre of land with a mobile home, but after talking with the potential buyer he changed his mind. Now mr. would be purchaser is threatening a law suit, stating he want the property and unless he sells it to him, no one else will be able to buy it, because he will place an addendum on our property. I did not sign anything. HELP!!!!!

In what state did this occur?

Did the buyer pay a deposit to your hubby?

Was there a signed purchase contract?

What are its terms?

Hello all, My name is Ann and I am new.
My husband is 78 years old, very sick and signed an agreement to sell an acre of land with a mobile home, but after talking with the potential buyer he changed his mind. Now mr. would be purchaser is threatening a law suit, stating he want the property and unless he sells it to him, no one else will be able to buy it, because he will place an addendum on our property. I did not sign anything. HELP!!!!!

No He did not pay a deposit to my husband. The state is south carolina, but we live in Boston, ma he did sign an agreement to purchase

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back