H Visa Canadian living in Canada, moving to the US and working for a US company

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieX

Hi there,

I am a Canadian who currently lives in Canada but i work seasonally for a US based cruise line. I am engaged to a US citizen and planning to move to be with him in the states. I'm confused about what type of visa to apply for. Should i go ahead and apply for the H1-B visa or the Fiancee visa since we are engaged? Can i apply once i have relocated to our new place? Should i also try and contact my head office of the cruise line and inquire about how they can assist in this process?

Help !! this is soooo confusing!!!

It is best to apply for a fiancee visa so as to advoid immigration restrictions of h1b visas. More so, visiting the US with plans to immigrate without following the right channel via your embassy is an immigration offense.......The embassy would want to know why you are not applying for a fiancee visa but want an H1b visa. I would say do the fiancee visa now to advoid any complications or travel restrictions if you come to stay in the US without a fiancee visa. Your company's HR would be glad to assist you on your options..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back