Naturalization, Citizenship Canadian immigrant with a Dual Citizenship Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django196

Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked a lot or things of the sorts, but there's bound to be one person nice enough to answer regardless ^^ My mother is a dual citizen living in Washington state at the moment, and in the next 6-12 months I'm hopefully planning on moving down there to work for a few years while living with a friend, pending on how life turns out. I'm just looking for a few solutions to how I could go about being granted access to live and work in the USA for 4 years roughly, if that. Thank you.

Your situation is enough different from mine (I'm a dual citizen myself) so that I don't think my experience would be very helpful. But when I had questions about living and working in the US while maintaining my Canadian citizenship I found the Canadian Consulate to be very helpful. I contacted them some years ago and they were able to answer all my questions and even offered some suggestions I hadn't thought of. If the Canadian Consulate can't answer your questions (since you're looking at living in Washington state I suggest the one in Seattle 1-206-443-1777), you might see what the US consulate nearest you says. I don't know where in Canada you are but there are US Consulates in Montreal, Calgary, Toronto, Vancover, and Winnipeg as well as the Northwest Territories, the Yukon and Nunavut, not to mention the Embassy in Ottawa. I won't list all the phone numbers but here is a link to the lists.

http://usembassy.state.gov/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back