Canadian Citizen Marrying US Citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValerieNicole

I am a Canadian citizen and I am engaged to an American citizen. We would like have the wedding in Canada but then I would go and live with him in the US. We have looked into the K-1 fiancé visa but it states that the marriage would have to take place in America 90 days prior arrival in the US after the visa is approved. Does this mean the marriage absolutely has to take place in America or can we marry in Canada with this visa and then go live in the States?

I am a Canadian citizen and I am engaged to an American citizen. We would like have the wedding in Canada but then I would go and live with him in the US. We have looked into the K-1 fiancé visa but it states that the marriage would have to take place in America 90 days prior arrival in the US after the visa is approved. Does this mean the marriage absolutely has to take place in America or can we marry in Canada with this visa and then go live in the States?

He and you would be best served by visiting a local (several are in Canada) US consulate office, or the US Embassy in Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back