Naturalization, Citizenship Canadian Citizen / American Permanent Resident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezoos

I am born in Canada
became and Perm Resdient since 2001 and been going to University in the US
I visit canada during summers

First off I am eiligible for Citizenship for America Since I have lived in America for 5 years right? and that i am also a resident.

I don't have to revoke my Canadian citizenship either do I?
I'm i allowed to get two passports one american and one canadian? cause i hear it is easier to travel around with Canadian passports.

Or when i become a U.S Citizen I can only get a American Passport and when coming into Canada I just show my Birthcertificate and that proves i'm a canadian citizen right?

Sorry if it sounds confusing just reply and i'll try to elaborate more if needed.

Hi there,

I am a green card holder just like yourself. I do not need to be a Canadian to travel to Canada. All I need is my green card and my passport from the my country of origin valid for at least 6 months.

I do not think you can nowadays have dual citizenship if you want to become an American. But you will need to check on that further... I believe that is the easiest type of question and answer you can find. Just call the Immigration office the closest to your city and they will give you details about this.

You can also download the N-400 Naturalization e-Form PDF application from the Immigration site with all necessary guides... Most people with a spotless background, good credit, always paid their taxes, can easily fill out the application within a couple of hours.

If you are like me with some little misdemeanors past offenses the best approach is to save $2,000.00 or perhaps a little more and have a immigration lawyer help you complete and represent you... I am going to hire a lawyer to represent me because of some of my past offenses but I haven't had the chance to speak with any. I am going to do so next week. This weekend I will gather ALL necessary information I can to fill out the N-400 form as well as try and get criminal records from ALL courts I have been to and ALL police departments I have walked into as well as credit history from ALL 3 credit bureaus and any other pertaining documents I may need to complete the N-400 application with the help of a selected lawyer.

Being prepared with ALL type of information you know will help you answer your questions should always be present with you in order to avoid any delays. Sometimes who knows you may have something on your records you are not even aware of...

Take care and let us know results of your pursuits as I sure will post my success story as soon as I finalize it within the next 6 months of less.

Yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back