K Visa Canadian/American with children want to get married

Status
Not open for further replies.

quebec

My jurisdiction is: Canada

I am Canadian and have three children with my American boyfriend. I met him when I worked in NY on a TN visa. The first 2 children were born in the US. Towards the end of my third pregnancy, we were going through a difficult time financially and I didn't see how I could continue to work and care for my three kids so I decided to move back to Canada and give birth there. I have been living in Canada for 4 years now. My boyfriend lives in the US and visits on a regular basis. We are still struggling financially. I would like to sponsor him so he can live with us in Canada but because I currently receive gov. assistance for myself and three children I cannot do that. He could also start his own business here in Canada (business visa) but then he needs to show that he can support himself financially, which is also a problem. Another option would be to get married and move to the US but it would be financially impossible. It seems like it would be easier for him to move to Canada, but I am at a loss as to how we can accomplish that. Luckily, my children have dual citizenship. I would just like to find a solution soon since it is not the best living situation for me and my children. If we get married in Canada, would he be allowed to live in Canada? But then I assume I would lose the gov. assistance? I am at a loss here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back