K Visa Canadian/American Marriage, unusual circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishing

I am Canadian citizen wanting to marry an American citizen. We each have business interests in our home country which we wish to maintain. Neither of us wants to be a citizen of the other country. We just want to travel back and forth as often as is allowed without influencing the citizenship status in each country. Can this be done?

Yes. Neither of you have to become citizens of the other country. Assuming one of you will move in with the other you will want to become a permanent resident alien of the country where you want to reside. A change of Citizenship is not necessary.

Yes. Neither of you have to become citizens of the other country. Assuming one of you will move in with the other you will want to become a permanent resident alien of the country where you want to reside. A change of Citizenship is not necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

We actually do not want to move in with the other full time in either country i.e. I would still like to travel (be with her) within the restrictions of a "closer connection'' . Possibly spend 100-150 days in the USA and the balance in Canada. She wants to do the same in reverse...

My father is a Canadian citizen; my mother an American.

They were married in the US, but lived the first 13 years of their marriage in Canada. Then they moved to the US, where they have lived ever since. Neither ever had to change their citizenship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back