Can you take someone to court with no contact orders in place?

John Roe

I want to take former support workers to court for basically overreacting, stitching up, ruining my life, and what have you.

I reside in Edinburgh, Scotland.

This happened years ago. I find it is making me agitated all of the time. The whole ordeal is equally boring as it is depressing.

A court appearance would be an allowable exception to a no contact order in the US. Likely the same in the UK. But if you want to sue somebody, talk to a lawyer first.

I want to take former support workers to court for basically overreacting, stitching up, ruining my life, and what have you.

I reside in Edinburgh, Scotland.

This happened years ago. I find it is making me agitated all of the time. The whole ordeal is equally boring as it is depressing.
Why was the no contact order issued? What does "stitching up" mean?

Sorry. I meant to write, "stitching me up", but I was probably half asleep as I was typing. I cannot edit the post now. And it just means that somebody is making something out to be worse than it is.

The orders were granted in 2015 for two women who worked as outreach staff. They embellished a lot of crap to make me look bad. And at the time, a service user said things to start trouble, and I was too open with everybody that I spoke to. I cannot really be bothered explaining everything. But this ordeal has been going on for 8 years. They even called the police and pretended not to know about it. Yet they had spare keys for all of the personnel in the supported accommodation I resided in, so the police entered my flat in 2014, knowing I wanted to see my former key worker in a Costa, not far from the street.

My own lawyer said to me on Thursday, that, even if they murdered my mother, I cannot sue them per the rules of a criminal court. Although I don't think that is even true in the slightest. You have a right to challenge what happened to begin with. Because if not, that's BS.

The problem is that this is a US website; the law in the US and the law in the UK are not the same, and no one here knows UK law.

In the US if you were to sue for this you'd lose, and I suspect that is true in the UK, too, as both nations use the common law as the base of their legal system. There is no recognized cause of action for overreacting, for exaggerating things about you, etc. Even if there were, what financial harm have you suffered from it?

This happened years ago.

That too is a problem. There is a limitation on how long you have to sue someone. In the U.S. for most tort claims that limitation is typically 2-4 years. The limitation may be different under UK and Scottish law, but if you've waited too long to bring the lawsuit that alone would be cause to get the case chucked out of court.

My own lawyer said to me on Thursday, that, even if they murdered my mother, I cannot sue them per the rules of a criminal court. Although I don't think that is even true in the slightest. You have a right to challenge what happened to begin with. Because if not, that's BS.

The Crown is the only one that could bring a criminal against them for the murder of your mother. You could not do that. You or more likely your mother's estate might have a cause of action for a civil suit based on that murder, however. So strictly speaking, your lawyer was correct.

You might benefit from seeing a therapist or counselor if these kinds of things that happened years ago are still bothering you this much.

Well, maybe this forum isn't the right one for me, if it's only for American law issues. However, if you want to know more about the overall problems I'm facing, I've made threads on a lot of anxiety related forums, covering what occurred between myself and the people in question.

I've been doing this pretty much since the entire ordeal kicked off way back in 2013. So maybe that can give you an idea of how much the situation has escalated, with me going to the slammer and more.

I'm considering early 'retirement' due to bullying and stress..., Depression

My diagnosis is something referred to as PDD-NOS. It's like Asperger's. And I hate having it. :confused:

I also have another issue, where I'm trying to be an extra in local Scottish film productions. Somebody from I believe Glasgow, who blocked me on Twitter, keeps saying things to people I don't know personally, so I am rejected. She's not the only one who does it, but it began with her doing it in 2016. She also got these trolls on YouTube to mention her in a live stream, in late 2019.

My lawyer said if they killed my mother. That hasn't happened so far. Luckily! :oops:

OK.

I actually did join one of those forums a few months ago.

I hope you don't mind that I spew a lot. It's kind of bugging me that my life feels like it's in ribbons by this stage.

Back