Consumer Fraud Can you still sue a business that you report to the FTC?

russharv63

If you report a business to the FTC and they decide to sue them does this take away from your opportunity for yourself to take legal action against that same company?

You have not provided anywhere near enough information to answer this question. I suggest discussing it with a lawyer if you wish to sue.

I hired a unemployment appeal hearing representative for my wife from a reputable online business. They have been representing claimants for over 20 years. The site is (deleted by moderator). The representative they gave me did not follow the correct procedures in Virginia. The representative did not know what she was doing and because of this my wife had no chance of winning her appeal.

I can't begin to imagine how you think this translates to a FTC complaint. As you have been advised numerous times before on this same topic, if you feel you have more than just dissatisfaction as a customer, you need to consult a lawyer. The FTC does not resolve individual complaints.

And if you feel it necessary to disclose the name of the outfit you are dissatisfied with, try www.yelp.com. This is a site for general legal information, not for you to leave reviews.

Back