can you please send help with a previous case for vc 21451 a im appealing and need to write a brief

Status
Not open for further replies.

nieo24

Jurisdiction
California
I got a ticket for vc 21451 a
the judge bias and found me guilty
the officer give me that code while I didn't violate any of this law
as this code is for not going in the right direction or fail to yield

he gave me this ticket for delaying going on green

while in his statement was saying that there was 7 cars infront of me

I need to find a recourses and help to write a brief after receiving the transcript

If you need help to write a brief, you need to hire an attorney.

The code is below. We're likely missing a crucial part to your story. If there were 7 cars in front of you and they moved but you stayed put you could still be found guilty of the code as written. We don't know all the details. You may wish to speak to a traffic ticket attorney about an appeal. If you wish to appeal there is usually a limited period of time to do so, perhaps 30 days. There may also be a cost for obtaining the transcript. I recall that a traffic ticket case here heard at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) in front of an Administrative Law Judge offered the option for an audio and written transcript (much more costly.) If you intend to go this route, you should make sure you have a very good reason for the appeal.

California Vehicle Code: 21451 Circular Green or Green Arrow
21451 (a) A driver facing a circular green signal shall proceed straight through or turn right or left or make a U-turn unless a sign prohibits a U-turn. Any driver, including one turning, shall yield the right-of-way to other traffic and to pedestrians lawfully within the intersection or an adjacent crosswalk.

I got a ticked with code vc 21451 a
but the real reason I got pulled over that officer stated in his statement was delay going on green

officer mentioned that I was the 7th car which means it wasn't clear to go infront of me

also it was the left turn traffic light which meansThe green light Change Interval for the Left Turn Movement From green to yellow

I have no idea what happened but I am guessing that the police had some reason to give you a ticket. It would be highly unusual that you were just picked out of a group of cars to be given a summons. If the light turns green and the other cars go and you don't, I'm assuming that is within the meaning of the violation.

There was no reason
I'm here searching law advice
I'm not concerning about his intentions
My question was straight and direct
Vc 21451 a can e giving as violators going on green
And all my concerni is to find a gab to win my case for appeal

Thank you

There was no reason

Thank you

You've been offered suggestions.
People have discussed your situation.
Legal advice, trial strategy, trial tactics, trial techniques can be received, as can LEGAL ADVICE; from the attorney you hire.

The court won't appoint a public defender for you in traffic matters, and garden variety misdemeanors.

If you wish to dissect and discuss this further, you'll have to HIRE an attorney to assist you.
This thread is closed.
Good luck.

This is what most people call common sense. If you're insisting that a police officer gave you a traffic ticket for absolutely no reason at all, you're going to have a difficult time making your case. You said "delaying going on green" is the reason. But you still haven't provided us with the knowledge of what the officer must have said to have you found guilty. You were told that a failure to go when the light is green is enough to find you guilty. Your argument is failure to yield or not going in the right direction. Reading the text of the law it means that you weren't traveling in the direction you appear intended to travel when the light is green - whatever direction that may be.

"A driver facing a circular green signal shall proceed straight through..."

So if 7 cars in front of you drove on and you were still typing your status on Facebook using your mobile phone, you could be written up for this traffic ticket and potentially others. Sometimes there is no appeal because the ticket was justified. It's up to you to make some argument that it wasn't. I haven't heard any such arguments at this time.

Thank. You for your kindly reply
I filed the appeal already
They sent me again to write my opening brief
The argument is
Bias from the judge according to the transcript also not taking the chance to cross examine the officer
Second according to code vc21451 a there is no violation
First I proceed to left turn where there was no sign prohibiting the turn
Second I yield to other vehicles infront of me and also officer stated that I didn't use the phone
Si there was no justification for the delay
The office was not in a position to determine the exact timing for the. Delay
As he stated that he was on the other lane and when it turned green he took his turn

To be honest, I don't fully understand your defense. I don't know whether you're using a mobile phone or whether English is not your first language and perhaps that is an impediment, including the poor grammar. I certainly hope you're clearer in your appeal or this will be bounced immediately.

I guess you're trying to say that you never delayed moving except at the turn where you yielded to the oncoming traffic. But the real problem I'm having is the same issue. At no point have I heard the driver's statement reflecting what he or she observed that resulted in issuing a traffic ticket. In order to find you guilty the first judge must have relied upon the statement of the police officer which is the basis for the traffic ticket. You haven't stated the specific act to which the officer reasoned you should be issued a traffic ticket. That act is what you needed to attack, not the other peripheral issues that could have justified a traffic ticket but, in fact, did not in this instance. And if the judge didn't request to hear the statement that made you culpable then that is an appealable error. But I'm fairly confident that this statement was on the record and I haven't heard it, hence I can't comment. I wish you the best of luck with your appeal.

Thx for English evaluation
I'll be honest. I'm not sure if people are trying to type on their mobile devices like tablets and smartphones which is causing misspelling, poor grammar and general lack of comprehension. Regardless, if any defense or appeal is presented in this fashion, you will almost certainly have your defense rejected if there is a justifiable reason to do so such as a lack of clarity. It's difficult enough for an attorney to make your defense, a professional who is paid for legal accuracy and verbal clarity.

There was no reason

Thank you

Well no one is concerned with how you feel about responses either...

You obviously did something wrong to get a ticket. You're probably leaving out information that would help.

But no one will help you write a brief. That's what you pay a lawyer to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back