Can we convert F4 visa files to F3 Catogory

Chets

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hello ,

Is there any law that F4 visa related files can be converted in F3 catogories? My brother filed F4 for my sister in 2009 but now my mother got US citizen in 2015. Is there any way that my mother can file for sister as F3 categories and get the same petition date from F4 which is from 2009 year.

Please suggest on this matter , I really appreciate your time.

Hello ,

Is there any law that F4 visa related files can be converted in F3 catogories? My brother filed F4 for my sister in 2009 but now my mother got US citizen in 2015. Is there any way that my mother can file for sister as F3 categories and get the same petition date from F4 which is from 2009 year.

Please suggest on this matter , I really appreciate your time.

You can ask the authorities: www.uscis.gov
or HIRE an immigration lawyer

I don't think so. This is because the original F-4 visa was petitioned by a different family member. Now you want an F-3 but the F-3 visa would be petitioned by your mother. The optimal approach might be to have both going at the same time and see which is granted first. In order to obtain the best answer you'll need to have a proper legal consultation with an immigration lawyer. There can be various circumstances which might change your available options.

Back