Can the Police do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmatt

The story goes...
I went to see Star Wars mid day on Friday. I came out of the theater to notice that my car was missing. After flagging down a security boy he told me that my car had been towed because it had expired plates. I went to the DMV the next day on Saturday to clear up my licensing issues and then to the Police station to pay them 75 dollars to get my car released (whatever that means) so I could pick up the car from the impound. The towing company charged me 100 dollars for the pick up, 25 dollars for daily storage and a 50 dollar gate fee (they had to come down and open the gate because it was on the weekend). As a student I really can't afford all of this and I am wondering if the police have the right to tow my car on private movie theater property for expired plates.

madmatt said:
The story goes...
I went to see Star Wars mid day on Friday. I came out of the theater to notice that my car was missing. After flagging down a security boy he told me that my car had been towed because it had expired plates. I went to the DMV the next day on Saturday to clear up my licensing issues and then to the Police station to pay them 75 dollars to get my car released (whatever that means) so I could pick up the car from the impound. The towing company charged me 100 dollars for the pick up, 25 dollars for daily storage and a 50 dollar gate fee (they had to come down and open the gate because it was on the weekend). As a student I really can't afford all of this and I am wondering if the police have the right to tow my car on private movie theater property for expired plates.
Your first mistake was paying to see Star Wars 3, lol. :D That's a good question but I'm guessing that they have done this before. I've never heard of that happening so quickly. Was it a public parking lot behind a theatre or was it private?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back