Can the mother get in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdonnieb

During the final court date of our divorce which i was not served papers about to attend, the mother gave her testamony along with the witness who was her dad and which is stated in the divorce decree that she claims that during the time we separated she is entilted to have of my extra pay for the living support of her and my son. She also claimed that she was providing for our son and i was not supporting anything. I have documentation showing that i sent her money every month during the seperation and to this day. Because I was not there the judge awarded her back pay child support to the day of my sons birth which she was awarded 27000+ in back pay. Can she get in trouble for not telling the judge about the money i was sending her? Also because of her opening the case in another state and myself being stationed in another state how would i go about getting a lawyer for this? One last thing, if anyone knows any program for legal help could you please inform me. I have spent countless hours on the internet stressing due to not being able to afford an attorney which results in me not being able to present my case.

You need to appeal within the legal time frame. This is why representing yourself in a court action, by hiring a lawyer or showing up yourself is important.

If you are in the military then start with the legal assistance available to you on base. They will direct you.
Yes, if it can be proven she lied she could get in trouble, but that doesn't mean she will.

Okay, these websites could offer you the help you seek.

http://www.militaryprobono.org/

http://www.americanbar.org/portals/public_resources/aba_home_front.html

You need to speak with your JAG on base and they can get the request started for FREE legal assistance for service members.

I have done several of these cases, pro bono.

Hundreds of attorneys and law firms donate time to assist our service personnel.

Once you speak the JAG, they'll know how to get the ball rolling.

But, money sent to a parent without the benefit of a court order is not support.

It is simply a gift.

That is why lawyers admonish clients and others never to send money to a custodial parent without benefit of a court order.

Your funds could simply be considered a gift.

Make sure you send money pursuant to an existing court order or a state sponsored child support agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back