Can the co signer on the loan of my car take my car from me???

No, it wasn't the wrong thing to do. Understand that the lawyer and his father are your enemies. The lawyer will say anything to get you to cave, even if it's not true, and isn't going to admit he is wrong. I suggest you just stop talking to the lawyer and your ex's father and just wait and see what happens.

Have you asked the lender for a copy of the title? How did that go?

No, it wasn't the wrong thing to do. Understand that the lawyer and his father are your enemies. The lawyer will say anything to get you to cave, even if it's not true, and isn't going to admit he is wrong. I suggest you just stop talking to the lawyer and your ex's father and just wait and see what happens.

Have you asked the lender for a copy of the title? How did that go?
The registeration acts as a copy of the title because the car is not paid off. Even the dealership Gm and financial advisor stated that. When the car is paid off then I'll get the title but until then the registeration is the title's copy

The registeration acts as a copy of the title because the car is not paid off. Even the dealership Gm and financial advisor stated that. When the car is paid off then I'll get the title but until then the registeration is the title's copy

And you have your purchase contract showing only your name as purchaser.

I'm more than happy to hold your hand through cyberspace if you like, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your ex's father is stuck with the results of his decision.

And you have your purchase contract showing only your name as purchaser.

I'm more than happy to hold your hand through cyberspace if you like, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your ex's father is stuck with the results of his decision.
I really do appreciate it. On the papers it shows both of us on it but on the registeration it's only my name. He's the first one and then it's me

Back