can someone help me about a section 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwirlingWaters

Hello can soneone tell me how do I go about NOT renewing a lease of a tenant that is has a section 8. We live in Mass and thier lease is up Aug.1st we have had nothing but trouble with them since they moved in I do have stuff I can use against them with housing and I know if we went to court to get them out we would win the problem is I am afraid of what they might do to get back at us they are those type of people and we live in the same building. Do I have to give a letter to housing & the tenants? We told them like a month ago to start looking and they said they were going to start looking but I don't think they have I really need them out I don't even want to leave my house with no one in it for even a small period of time they can't be trusted. Please can someone advise me
Thanks
Swirlingwaters :(

Contact the Housing Authority

Regarding termination of the lease - you have to notify the tenant and the Housing Authority that you do not intend to renew the lease - (in our case we have to give 60 days notice in writing to both parties ie. HUD.)

Once the Housing Authority has been notified the Section 8 funding will be withdrawn at the end of the lease. This will hurt the tenant, but maybe they'll get their act together then.

Hopefully this helps, as this is my understanding of our case.

I did look in to that with HUD and we only have to give a 30 days notice so that will work out fine. I just didn't want to call them up ( HUD) and not have any idea on how to go about it this is our first time renting to a section 8

Thanks again
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back