Can she file criminal charges for an abuse that did not happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

My ex girlfriend had obtained a TRO and I am denying everything in fact she was the abuser in my case. We broke up and she stated over the phone to me that she would make me pay for leaving her. On her allegations she started that I physically abused her. I dented it and responded that she was in fact the abuser and that she is doing this as an act of revenge or moving on with my life with someone else.

I am worried that she will be even more upset when she sees my statement and thy she will try to take this a step further.

I will be filing my response tomorrow and also a server will serve her via mail tomorrow with my response. We live 400 mile away and I have no intention of ever seeing her again.

I'm worried that this will cause me more issues and also that it may appear on my record and affect me at work which I know are her intentions as an act of revenge.

Any advice? My hearing is on 8/1/13 (in 2 days)

If its a restraining order, so what? You dislike her. She dislikes you. If she gets it, you'll just have to avoid ALL forms of contact with her. She'll be required to do the same with you. Get it over with, enjoy your lives.

Can she file criminal charges against you? No, only the DA can do that. She can file a complaint.
This TRO has nothing to do with any criminal charges which may or may not be lodged.

One thing at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back