Can relative (same last name) buy my foreclosed house at auction in OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

My house has been foreclosed on even though I did everything the bank asked. They told me we would enter into a trial period of six months duration wherein my obligation was to send in a payment on time each month. They would concurrently be investigating making a change of terms on my mortgage & would tell me those terms at the end of the six month trial. At that time, they said we needed another six months because a decision had not yet been reached. They claimed they lost my paperwork five different times(!!!) so I dutifully resubmitted it each time. I believe they never intended to change a thing because their eventual offer actually RAISED my monthly payment! Now the house is no longer mine, it is to be auctioned off... Can a relative (who has the same last name as I) legally purchase this house at auction and then allow me to continue to live in the home?

My house has been foreclosed on even though I did everything the bank asked. They told me we would enter into a trial period of six months duration wherein my obligation was to send in a payment on time each month. They would concurrently be investigating making a change of terms on my mortgage & would tell me those terms at the end of the six month trial. At that time, they said we needed another six months because a decision had not yet been reached. They claimed they lost my paperwork five different times(!!!) so I dutifully resubmitted it each time. I believe they never intended to change a thing because their eventual offer actually RAISED my monthly payment! Now the house is no longer mine, it is to be auctioned off... Can a relative (who has the same last name as I) legally purchase this house at auction and then allow me to continue to live in the home?

Anyone that has the money to outbid others can own that house.

What the winning bidder does with it, is his or her business.

Yes, Joe Doe or Susie Smokes could buy that house.

They could then gift the house to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back