Can neighbor hang things on the backside of the fence that he owns (but faces my backyard)?

Brandy

Jurisdiction
California
My neighbor has informed me he is going to place hooks on the backside of his fence that faces my backyard. The fence is setback from the property line so he fully owns it. He says he plans to hang his gardening tools, etc on the hooks. Do I have any rights to stop him from doing this?

My neighbor has informed me he is going to place hooks on the backside of his fence that faces my backyard. The fence is setback from the property line so he fully owns it. He says he plans to hang his gardening tools, etc on the hooks. Do I have any rights to stop him from doing this?

Very likely the answer is no. If the fence, hooks, and stuff hanging off it are all on his side of the property line then he needs no permission from you to do it. Only if what he plans to do would somehow violate local zoning/building code regulations would have a possible recourse, and it's extremely unlikely that putting hooks on the fence to hang tools would violate any ordinance or regulations.

Nope.

Back