Can my son evict me??

FBailey

Back in early October my son, his girlfriend and myself all moved into a house together. They signed the lease but did not put me on it, but I still pay $650 a month! I will be 70 years old this year and my only income is social security. I did do all the cleaning and cooking plus babysitting of my grandson. My grandson even slept with me at night. By the way, my son's girlfriend has 3 daughters that live with us too. Now in the beginning things were fine and dandy, we were all cohabitating nicely. Then my son & I started having confrontations which was very unusual for us. Then he took my grandson to another floor in the house and I barely get any time with him at all as I stay in my room all day long. And now it has escalated to the point that my son & his girlfriend are evicting me! Can my son do that to me? I thought only the owner of the house could give eviction notices.

Back in early October my son, his girlfriend and myself all moved into a house together. They signed the lease but did not put me on it, but I still pay $650 a month! I will be 70 years old this year and my only income is social security. I did do all the cleaning and cooking plus babysitting of my grandson. My grandson even slept with me at night. By the way, my son's girlfriend has 3 daughters that live with us too. Now in the beginning things were fine and dandy, we were all cohabitating nicely. Then my son & I started having confrontations which was very unusual for us. Then he took my grandson to another floor in the house and I barely get any time with him at all as I stay in my room all day long. And now it has escalated to the point that my son & his girlfriend are evicting me! Can my son do that to me? I thought only the owner of the house could give eviction notices.

An eviction notice is simply a request for someone to get.
You can ignore all such request, and then the issuer of the notice must file an eviction action in court.
That is where both sides get to argue their position's and the judge decides to evict or not.

However, when eviction notices start flying, the atmosphere is poisoned, and its time for one of you to leave.

No one owes you housing.

You're 70 years old, I suggest you simply rent an apartment, a house, or a hotle room.
You can find a senior living facility, or rent a trailer.
Its clear you're unwanted, and you're unhappy.

Don't allow your family business to aired for the world to see and giggle about, quietly leave, find your own home, and be happy.

Back