Parole, Probation Can my probation be revocated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_Green

I was put on probation for hotchecks here in Arkansas. I have been paying all fees, and resutition, and working off my comunity service hours. I failed a drug test and my P.O. officer revocated my probation, he arrested me and I was put in the Faulkner County jail for 15 days waiting on a hearing, At the hearing I was represented by a public defender, The sentence was 3-10 years, However the Pros.Attn. said they would reinstate my probation if I would either go through the Drug Court Program or pay off all my resutition, I chose to pay off my resutition of $2600.00, I had someone go make the payment and bring back the reciept, then I was released, I immediatly went to my P.O. office to report. He told me that I had to go to a inpatient drug rehab, I told him that if I knew that I would still have to go to treatment, I wouldn't of payed off my resutition but just chose to go through the drug court,because I would still be able to work. He said that offer was off the table now, and I would be going treatment or be revocated again, Can he do that? Is this not double jeapordy?

Q: Can he do that? Is this not double jeapordy?

A: Yes and no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back