Can my mother take my daughter?

Ashley.owens

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Can my mom legally take my daughter away from me if I'm 18, she's threatening me saying she's going take her away if I try to move out

Can my mom legally take my daughter away from me if I'm 18, she's threatening me saying she's going take her away if I try to move out

No, but the state can.
How?
If mother knows things that you as a mother shouldn't be doing, she can tell those things to the authorities.
The authorities investigate mother's allegations, and your child can be taken away from you.

If you're living at home with mother, it might be time to do two things: move out to your own home, not a shared home, your home.

Why?

You and your child deserve that.

If you're doing unsavory things, stop.
If you can't stop, get help to stop.
Your child deserves that, and more.

It's time to stop living your life for you.

You surely know why.

No she cannot. Unless the court has granted her custody or guardianship then no. That's your child. And you're 18 so legally she has no say over you anymore.

I'm not going to automatically assume you're doing something wrong. There are some extremely overbearing parents out there...but as stated if you are doing things you shouldn't don't do them and yes - move out. Now.

No.... The only people that have the legal Authority to remove your children from your care is CPS in the juvenile system itself

No, but the state can.
How?
If mother knows things that you as a mother shouldn't be doing, she can tell those things to the authorities.
The authorities investigate mother's allegations, and your child can be taken away from you.

If you're living at home with mother, it might be time to do two things: move out to your own home, not a shared home, your home.

Why?

You and your child deserve that.

If you're doing unsavory things, stop.
If you can't stop, get help to stop.
Your child deserves that, and more.

It's time to stop living your life for you.

You surely know why.
I'm trying to move back to the state where I was born cause that's where her father is but my mom is threatening to take her, I am the best mom I can be at 18 , I was just trying to make sure I can leave without her taking her or trying to get physical with me

I'm trying to move back to the state where I was born cause that's where her father is but my mom is threatening to take her, I am the best mom I can be at 18 , I was just trying to make sure I can leave without her taking her or trying to get physical with me

As stated your mother can NOT take your daughter away unless the court for some reason were to grant her custody or guaradianship. You are 18 years old. You are an adult. She has no control over you and would never have had control over YOUR daughter.

So pack up your stuff, your daughter's stuff and get the hell out. Don't worry about what she threatens you with she has zero control over you.

Back