Can my mom kick me out of house even though I am disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatwuann

I live with my parents and am mildly mentally disabled. My dad is my legal guardian. My mom and I got into a fight, actually turned quite nasty, my mom and I had our hands on each others arms. I thought we would come to blows. This happened a couple of months ago. I wanted to leave but changed my mind and my mom told a few days later that she had wanted to throw me down the stairs and would have if we had been near the basement stairs. My mom has been threatening to kick me out of the house. Can she do that?

It depends on a few things you said your dad is your legal guardian? So I'm assuming either your under 18 or his is court appointed. Either way since your not legally responsible for yourself its going to be a dispute between your mom and dad. If she wants you out then he must leave to, depending on who's name the house is under she may or may not have this authority. It is unlikely for this to happen though since your not an independent adult your guardian will need to decide if he wants to stay and keep you there or have you both leave.

Mom threatening to get rid of my personal property

I am still living with my parents and am still having trouble with my mom and now my mom is threatening to go through my things stored in the house. My books DVDs, CDs, clothes, vacation souvinirs and even getting rid of pictures of my neices and nephews that I have taken over the years because she thinks I don't look at them enough. Her exact words are that I only look at them once every ten years. My mom has always gone through my stuff organizing it and getting rid of what according to her I don't use enough to justify having it in the house.
Is there anything I can do legally to stop my mom from going through my things and getting rid of some or all of it.

If you cannot work you need to apply for disability but it will not be much since you have no work history. I recommend you go out and get a job. You need to try and be self supporting eventually. Your mom probably has the legal right to eventually throw you out if your Dad does not stop her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back