Can my illegal boyfriend use our child as a way to get legal status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunaxelea

I am 10 weeks pregnant. My boyfriend entered America from Mexico when he was 12, about 12 years ago. He went back for 6 months 3-5 years ago and came back.

I believe the trauma of being so young and going through something so traumatic caused him heavy mental disorders. Borderline personality disorder fits the bill. We broke up because he became violent and abusive.

All he cares about is getting the blood test to prove its his baby. He doesn't care about me or the baby.

Is it because he got me pregnant on purpose so he can use the baby as a way to try and gain legal status?

I guess a better question is straight out, can having this child aid him towards getting some form of legal status?

Last edited:
I am 10 weeks pregnant. My boyfriend entered America from Mexico when he was 12, about 12 years ago. He went back for 6 months 3-5 years ago and came back.

I believe the trauma of being so young and going through something so traumatic caused him heavy mental disorders. Borderline personality disorder fits the bill. We broke up because he became violent and abusive.

All he cares about is getting the blood test to prove its his baby. He doesn't care about me or the baby.

Is it because he got me pregnant on purpose so he can use the baby as a way to try and gain legal status?

I guess a better question is straight out, can having this child aid him towards getting some form of legal status?

He'll be able to have the paternity test. That's a no brainer.
Obama's plan has yet to be fully explained.
It'll take about six months before the details will be known.
By then, the new Congress may have blunted Obama's actions, or created a plan of their own.
Yes, it's a possibility that the existing immigration laws will assist your husband.
However, under existing laws, a child born in the US to an illegal alien can't petition for his parent(s) to come legally to the US until the child is an adult.

As far as anything else, sorry, I'll stop typing and you'll have to seek your answers elsewhere.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Great so you want to give him US citizenship by marriage and screw the rest of the country? Otherwise, it will not happen until the child turns 21 and petitions for daddy.

You didn't read the whole post. We split up because he is abusive. I don't want him to use my child to get legal status.

Way to jump to conclusions.

Great so you want to give him US citizenship by marriage and screw the rest of the country? Otherwise, it will not happen until the child turns 21 and petitions for daddy.

Do you always try to help people by responding to things you made up in your own head? Or do you actually try and respond considering all the information before you spout off?

Give me a break, they just let any fool respond to inquiries? I thought this was about finding legal advice not being harassed by ignorant small minded idiots who can't read?

Last edited:

Read the fucking post retard. I never said anything about marriage or getting married or even helping him! I'm trying to stop him from getting help!

Dumbass!

I never questioned if he could get a paternity test and he is not my husband.

Doesn't anybody read before they respond?

OP, please watch your language. You might want to talk to a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back