Can my bank close my account?

Sexxicani

Jurisdiction
Florida
I had an issue with my account and I notify my bank about ASAP! I called and I also went to the branch. I was making a purchase and my local dollar tree retail store and as I get ready t pay my card was decline and I ran it as credit and it was decline. I called them I explain what happen and I was told that I had multiple checks deposit into my account. I had no knowledge of this what so ever. I went to confirm this I told the teller this is not my checks so she tells me its impossible, I ask can u please close this account because its something going on that I have no knowledge about. she told me no. I am currently employed at Marshalls, I get direct deposit into this same account. My bills are connected to this account my AT&T is cut off my online class is past due and I have no gas no food and bills to pay. In plus I am being charge with fees and deposit fees also. I have a police report and etc. I didn't go to work today so I can resolve this issue I was told after all the checks clear my account will be close I can no longer bank with them any more I have to go somewhere else. I don't know what else to do and this wrong. The money wasn't mine and I reported it and I am the blame for all this.

Did you report it in writing in accordance with the rules specified in your account holder's agreement?

Not clear.

Did somebody deposit checks (money) into your account?

Or, did somebody write checks on your account and it's overdrawn?

Did you report it in writing in accordance with the rules specified in your account holder's agreement?

Not clear.

Did somebody deposit checks (money) into your account?

Or, did somebody write checks on your account and it's overdrawn?
SOMEONE DEPOSIT THE CHECKS INTO MY ACCOUNT CANCELED MY CARD THEY HAVE ALL MY INFORMATION I DID REPORT IT BY PHONE AND IN PERSON THEY HAVE COPIES OF EVERYTHING

SOMEONE DEPOSIT THE CHECKS INTO MY ACCOUNT CANCELED MY CARD THEY HAVE ALL MY INFORMATION I DID REPORT IT BY PHONE AND IN PERSON THEY HAVE COPIES OF EVERYTHING

Do you know the person who allegedly made the deposits?

No need to yell. No need to panic. Just don't spend the other person's money. It'll get worked out and the money will go where it is supposed to go. Closing the account is for your protection because somebody else apparently got access to it, even accidentally, and may still have access to it after the adjustments are made. You don't want that, do you.

I suggest you open another checking account NOW and arrange to have your direct deposits go into the new account while the old account is being investigated. If your current bank won't do that for you, screw them, go to another bank where a new customer will be welcomed.

I suggest you open another checking account NOW and arrange to have your direct deposits go into the new account while the old account is being investigated. If your current bank won't do that for you, screw them, go to another bank where a new customer will be welcomed.

My friend, my spidey senses are tingling, again.
I suspect the old SCAM-A-SUCKER with the old deposit a $3,000 check scam, you keep $1,000 for being such a sucker, err nice person, send me the "remaining" $2,000 in Green Dot pre-paid Visa cards.

Problem is, the three grand check is a fake.

Or, it could be the $3,000 was deposited by mistake into the OP's account, and a spending frenzy began.

Usually the bank isn't at fault, and closes the account because of the depositor's dishonesty or stupidity, or BOTH.

Banks tend not to discourage depositor's these days, and are willing to work with most people.

None of this is scientific, mind you, just the observation's of a doddering, old codger.

Back