can it happen?

QveenZay

Jurisdiction
Florida
I am 15. And I and pregnant by a 43 year old man. I was wondering if he and him could get married? Or if marriage will keep him from going to jail?

Hi, I'm 15 and pregnant. I will be 16 in November. Does the hospital have to do a DNA test?

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved your second question to this thread because it's essentially the same topic and all of your discussion on the matter should be kept in the same place.

And I and pregnant by a 43 year old man. I was wondering if he and him could get married?

You will need the consent of both your parents AND the consent of the court, so don't count on it happening.

Or if marriage will keep him from going to jail?

It won't keep him out of jail.

Does the hospital have to do a DNA test?

I don't know if it's mandatory but you can ask for one. And if you want one for proof of who the father is you might have to go to court to compel him to take one.

Hon, he violated the law when he had sex with you and there is nothing whatsoever you can do to make it legal retroactively. He is well above the age when any "Romeo and Juliet" provisions can help him. At 15, you cannot be married even WITH parental consent, and even if you could and did, it would not make the previous illegal sex legal. Florida prides itself on being tough on offenders who prey on children, which legally is exactly what he did. Sorry, but I don't see him escaping jail no matter what you do.

Agree with the other responders. I don't see any way you can keep him out of jail. (even if you could get married, it wouldn't keep him out of jail) The only thing that might keep him out of jail is if he got a DNA test & he wasn't the Father. However; if it can be proven he had sex with you at your age even if he isn't the baby's Father, he could still go to jail.

Back