Can I terminate my sons biological fathers paternal rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Hi there. I have a two month old son and his Biloxi al father has not been in the picture since a week after I found out I was pregnant. He was very menatly and emotionally abusive to the point where I thought he could potentially harm me physically so I kicked him out and haven't spoke to him sense. During this fight, he wished death upon my unborn child and I. He said he hoped we got into s car accident, that I miscarried my child and or that I received an abortion. I also found out that he was cheating on me the entire relationship. I am now engaged to be married to an smszing man who I want to legally adopt my son after we get married. I first want to terminate my sons biological rights before I do so. I could care less about child support, I pay for everything myself as it is. He has no interest in being involved in the Childs life and has stated that. I have witnesses to the night of the incident and everything thst was said or done by him. Does anyone think that the termination of his rights is possible? Also, he was not present at birth. He is not on the birth certificate. Please let me know anything you may know!!

If he has not signed any birth document or a court has not deemed him the legal Father hes not! You cannot terminate something he doesn't have. That being said in order for your new man to adopt you must first establish Bio Dad as Father. Then you need to marry new man stay married for about one year then begin Step Parent adoption process. More info here http://www.parentnook.com/step-parent-adoptions/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back