Can I sue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

czeiske

I am currently living with the father of my three children. We are not nor have we ever been married.His divorce was just finalized in May 2008. About a year ago I went to refinance my house and I was informed there was a lien on my house in his name. (his name is not on my deed) I fought to have that removed, and I believe it has been. Due to this I could not refiance. The lien was for a judgement against him from a loan his ex-wife took out 13 years prior. About two weeks ago I went to pay the mortgage from a joint account we currently have and the money was not there. I called the bank and they said the attorney has it on hold for at least 2 weeks. In the two weeks, the father of my children has filed bankruptcy, but we were just notified the money had been disbursed. The bank stated the attorney drove to the bank to get the money himself so we could not even put a stop payment on a check. Half of that money was mine to pay the mortgage and buy groceries for our three children. I now have no money and I'm about to lose the house. Can I sue him for my money back, or a greater amount due to hardship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back