Medical Malpractice Can I sue my dentist for his negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

patusatx

Jurisdiction
Texas
I recently had one of my tooth extracted . During extraction the Dr was using an equipment which was holding my tongue aside as he worked on my tooth. He pushed it so hard that I received a cut under my tongue which needed 2-3 stitches by him.
I could not speak or eat for next 5 days due to the pain from my tongue.

Thank you in advance for your opinion .

Same answer I gave you on the other forum.
Might be worth a few hundred.
Send him a letter blaming the injury on his negligence and demand compensation.
See how that goes.

He pushed it so hard that I received a cut under my tongue which needed 2-3 stitches by him.

Did you accept the EMERGENCY stitches put in place by a DENTIST, and fail (or avoid) seeing your PHYSICIAN (as in MD or DO)?

If you didn't seek medical assessment, examination, and follow up care by a PHYSICIAN (as in DO or MD), I'm afraid you're begging for crumbs.

You could bring a small claims case against anyone, at any time, for any slight or indignity for which you feel aggrieved.

However, unless you can SHOW and PROVE damages, @adjusterjack is spot on.

You might wish to have your tongue examined by an EENT or ORAL SURGEON (if he or she will see you) for an examination to see if your nerves were damaged.

You're not likely to get anything more than go-away money unless you can show permanent or long-lasting damages. Even go-away money is not certain without that.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. Whether the event you described constituted malpractice is impossible to determine, and your damages likely would be quite minimal (such that you're unlikely to find an attorney willing to take your case on contingency).

Send him a letter blaming the injury on his negligence and demand compensation.
See how that goes.

I agree that this is the best strategy. He might throw a few hundred dollars at you to make you go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back