Can I sue my college?

Jossec110

Jurisdiction
Florida
Im a student at Broward College Fl I've been in the office campus 4th times already and no one has been able to help me, I spoke to all the seniors advisors already and they always say they will get back to me and they never do. Last time I went the receptionist called me to let me know that I won't be eligible to receive financial aid for the spring term, since I don't have $1300 dollars to pay for my classes I decided to at least pay for one of them but now that I log into my account you guys are charging me $700 dollars which is not right because they're charging me for a class that I never took and that financial aid paid for. I've been dealing with this situation since January, I'm so frustrated and don't know what else to do, all I want to do is study and it seems impossible to get there. it was the 2 counselors that I spoke to that put me in the wrong degree type so it's actually not my fault that my Financial Aid got frozen because of that. Please let me know if you can be able to help me.

Im a student at Broward College Fl I've been in the office campus 4th times already and no one has been able to help me, I spoke to all the seniors advisors already and they always say they will get back to me and they never do. Last time I went the receptionist called me to let me know that I won't be eligible to receive financial aid for the spring term, since I don't have $1300 dollars to pay for my classes I decided to at least pay for one of them but now that I log into my account you guys are charging me $700 dollars which is not right because they're charging me for a class that I never took and that financial aid paid for. I've been dealing with this situation since January, I'm so frustrated and don't know what else to do, all I want to do is study and it seems impossible to get there. it was the 2 counselors that I spoke to that put me in the wrong degree type so it's actually not my fault that my Financial Aid got frozen because of that. Please let me know if you can be able to help me.

It is most regrettable that you are experiencing these troubling events.

I sure hope things work out well for you.

Good luck.

I have two kids in college currently. One is in her junior year for a teaching degree. Son is entering medical school this Aug. I've always told them don't rely on ANYONE information. Make sure you follow up with your class schedule. That your taking the right classes for the degree your going for. Don't wait until the last minute either. I know my daughter will sign up for classes in April for next year. She will know then if there are any issues. You need to follow up daily with this issue until it is figured out. Keep track of everything you do. Who you spoke to. What they said. What time you spoke to them. I hope you get it figured out....

Back