Can I sue CUNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugo0424

I have a concern. My daughter went to NYC schools till the 11th grade. We move to Puerto Rico( which is a commonwealth of USA) and she finished her 12th grade there.It was a Christian Private school which was acreditted and fully licensed by the Department of Education of Puerto Rico. CUNY doesnt want to accept their 12th grades transcripts because they keep saying that the school wasnt acreditted.Today that school is close, it went to bankcruptcy, doesnt exist anymore, BUT for the time that my daughter assisted it was fully meeting the requirements that the Education dept. in PR ask for. Plus when I sent the transfers once my daughter graduated they missplaced the papers. She have a diploma and they still wants a GED, which I dont think its fair because she finished her high school. Can I sue CUNY for this? She is having severe depression and anxiety attacks over this because she thinks she is never are going to be able to go a college and she is afraid to be a looser and Im TERRIFIED that she can do something stupid cause of this.

CUNY is not responsible for your daughter's depression. There is no lawsuit here.

Based on what you posted, I don't see a lawsuit here.

I'm not telling you what to do but just making a suggestion - if you haven't already, you might want to see about getting treatment for your daughter for her severe depression & anxiety. I hope things work out for her.

Children grow up in spite of their parents, even though they sometimes continue to suffer from the parents decisions.

Nor does your daughter have a right under the law to go to CUNY. They do not owe her a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back