Can I set my own amount I pay for uninsured hospital bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindys

My husband recently had to have emergency surgery, we are between insurances. He is disabled and medicare was not available until less than a month after his surgery. He has been unable to work since 2001 and was without an income for 6 years. As expected we got in debt just trying to survive. I worked during this time as much as I could. Now that he has been approved disability the health care people tell me we make to much to qualify for assistance or any kind of break with this unexpected surgery cost. Approx. $10,000. Right now I am making $300. payment per month and it is putting a strain on my budget. I might add that this agreement is only for 6 months and will probably increase after that. I need to know where I stand in deciding how much I am able to pay.

I'm sorry to hear about your issue but I don't know what standing you have to tell them you aren't paying. There may be other avenues with regard to emergency medical treatment but I am unaware of them. I dont' know if they will be flexible in working out something and don't know if they have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back