Can I sell Hanes Brand tshirts with my design on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duganmcdugan

I am thinking about starting a clothing line and I'm not sure how to do that since it seems illegal(in my eyes) to print my designs on another company's brand shirt.

Any info will be greatly appreciated, thank you

Stop before you start!

No! Of course you cannot! You can overprint the shirts with anything you want as long as you o print in very small quantities and give them away to friends and family. But the second money changes hand for purchase of a shirt, you become liable to Hanes for copy right infringement. If the sales are done on a small scale, you will probably get a Stop-it-or-else letter.

The alternative scenario would be that you chug along with your business venture without being found out for two or three years and then Hanes gets wind of it, a lawsuit will result and not only you will have to wind down operations, you will also be cutting checks for their share of the profit.

Wait till they get their Hanes on you!

fredriklaw

See thats what i figured. Well, since i don't MAKE my own shirts, how do i start my business? What shirts do screen printing companies use?

Nice quote on the end haha.

You can contact Hanes and get them to give you a licence to use their shirts as long as they are ok with the content. Honestly I'm not sure how to do that, just contact Hanes and tell them what you want to do.

Come to think of it, I know what they will do. You can buy "unbranded" or privately branded Hanes t-shirts. That will allow you to do whatever you want with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back