Can I search Online to see if my deed has been recorded yet?

Texas6023

Jurisdiction
Texas
I've gone In to courthouse to search public records but can this be done online free of charge? Also a deed would show all easements if they existed?

I've gone In to courthouse to search public records but can this be done online free of charge?

Depends on what county you're in. Most county recorders do have online free search and viewing capability.

Here's Denton County. Look at the Real Property Search at the right side of the page:

Welcome to 20/20 Perfect Vision Land Records I2

Then try your own county recorder's website.

Also a deed would show all easements if they existed?

Possibly. But not all records are available online. They only go back so far. If the easements were recorded on an old deed you might have to visit the recorder to see it. Try looking it up online first and go back as far as you can.

Ok thanks for the replies.

Adjuster jack I was able to search records with your link but they seem to charge so I'll get them when I'm by a computer to print the info out.

Now on this deed would it show previous easements on old deeds or would it kick the old stuff out and only have current deed viewable?

No one else's deed should show an easement on my property and my deed not show it correct?

QUOTE="adjusterjack, post: 239113, member: 110951"]Depends on what county you're in. Most county recorders do have online free search and viewing capability.

Here's Denton County. Look at the Real Property Search at the right side of the page:

Welcome to 20/20 Perfect Vision Land Records I2

Then try your own county recorder's website.

Possibly. But not all records are available online. They only go back so far. If the easements were recorded on an old deed you might have to visit the recorder to see it. Try looking it up online first and go back as far as you can.[/QUOTE]

Now on this deed would it show previous easements on old deeds or would it kick the old stuff out and only have current deed viewable?

No one else's deed should show an easement on my property and my deed not show it correct?

Not necessarily. Depends on the nature of the easement, when it was granted, by whom to whom.

What are you concerned about and what is the background?

Well. A pathway 30 feet wide cuts through two homes. I pay taxes on it. But both those neighbors it benefits claim it's a right of way. Ran into a lay two houses down and she said its my road and so mark it off asap. Just was trying to make sure if my paperwork doesn't show it as an easement if it was possible anyone else's would?

Well. A pathway 30 feet wide cuts through two homes. I pay taxes on it. But both those neighbors it benefits claim it's a right of way. Ran into a lay two houses down and she said its my road and so mark it off asap. Just was trying to make sure if my paperwork doesn't show it as an easement if it was possible anyone else's would?

Normally all property affected by an easement should have such notated on the deeds involved.

However, mistakes are often made, meaning such is not always the case.

Sometimes people think an easement arises, but isn't recorded, meaning there is no easement.

If I were you, I'd retain the services of a title search firm or title insurance company to investigate the matter.

You are free, of course, to do continue doing it yourself.

By the way, don't expect to get the "burden" of paying taxes for the land in question apportioned among the parties involved.

If this is a prescriptive easement, you'll be even more outraged.

http://www.thetaylorfirm.com/pdf/easementsinTexas.pdf

I don't expect anyone to pay the taxes other than myself. What I do expect is if I am paying the taxes then stay off my property.

I'll do it myself but that's why I paid for all the services.. So I'll get realtor to handle this because all I get is the run around.

Thanks for reply

Normally all property affected by an easement should have such notated on the deeds involved.

However, mistakes are often made, meaning such is not always the case.

Sometimes people think an easement arises, but isn't recorded, meaning there is no easement.

If I were you, I'd retain the services of a title search firm or title insurance company to investigate the matter.

You are free, of course, to do continue doing it yourself.

By the way, don't expect to get the "burden" of paying taxes for the land in question apportioned among the parties involved.

Back