Can I put a lawsuit against FedEx for damaging my laptop and then denied my damage claim?

• Thread Starter Deleted member 118209
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 118209

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Can I put a lawsuit against FedEx for damaging my laptop and then denied my damage claim saying that there was no damage, but there was? And now they are telling me why they did deny my claim because they say HP was the one who made the shipping label for me under their account, and I said to them that HP told me they already made a claim for me and sent them the documents and they told me to contact HP back again. I got all the damaged pictures HP sent me when they received my laptop to repair my keyboard and frame, but they couldn't fix it because it wasn't entirely poorly managed, and they sent it back to me because of what FedEx did to my laptop.

Can I put a lawsuit against FedEx for damaging my laptop and then denied my damage claim saying that there was no damage, but there was?

FedEx automatically protects packages against loss or damage up to a value of $100 without a declaration of value.

If the value of your item is over $100, you should HAVE declared the correct value of the item.

If not, the maximum liability FedEx faces for loss or damage to the item is $100.

FedEx offers a guide to damages and their claims process:

File a Claim | FedEx

http://images.fedex.com/us/freight/pdf/Guide_to_Loss_and_Damage_Claims.pdf

Can I put a lawsuit against FedEx for damaging my laptop and then denied my damage claim saying that there was no damage, but there was?

Anyone is free to sue anyone for anything.
The question you need to ask yourself is "can I prevail"?

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. Hard to imagine that comes as news to you, though. Maybe you intended to ask if you'll win the lawsuit that you're contemplating, but it's hard to imagine that you'd think anyone here would be able to opine intelligently about that without any relevant facts or access to any evidence.

It's worth nothing that several statements in your post are unintelligeble:

And now they are telling me why they did deny my claim

Huh?

they say HP was the one who made the shipping label for me under their account

So what?

I said to them that HP told me they already made a claim for me

Again, so what?

I got all the damaged pictures HP sent me

Why did "HP" send you damaged pictures?

they couldn't fix it because it wasn't entirely poorly managed

Huh?

FedEx automatically protects packages against loss or damage up to a value of $100 without a declaration of value.

If the value of your item is over $100, you should HAVE declared the correct value of the item.

If not, the maximum liability FedEx faces for loss or damage to the item is $100.

FedEx offers a guide to damages and their claims process:

File a Claim | FedEx

http://images.fedex.com/us/freight/pdf/Guide_to_Loss_and_Damage_Claims.pdf

Anyone is free to sue anyone for anything.
The question you need to ask yourself is "can I prevail"?
If I sue them will I win without an attonory?

FedEx appears to be wearing armor designed to make suing them impossible, once you accept their terms of usage/carriage.

The MOST one can collect is $100 for the damaged/demolished item, UNLESS one takes out INSURANCE offered by FedEx.

Read the "pdf" which explains the claims process in detail.

FedEx appears to be wearing armor designed to make suing them impossible, once you accept their terms of usage/carriage.

The MOST one can collect is $100 for the damaged/demolished item, UNLESS one takes out INSURANCE offered by FedEx.

Read the "pdf" which explains the claims process in detail.
I just did I might lose the case with a lawyer or without a lawyer right?

You very likely WILL lose the case with or without a lawyer.

I disagree. We simply can't say what the chances of success are since we don't have anything close to all the evidence to review to make a good assessment of how it would come out. FedEx certainly has the terms of carriage written to its advantage and you need to buy the insurance to get a shot to get anything more than $100 when things are damaged, but assuming that insurance was purchased it is certainly possible to prevail and win the claim on insurance with the right evidence.

And now they are telling me why they did deny my claim because they say HP was the one who made the shipping label for me under their account, and I said to them that HP told me they already made a claim for me and sent them the documents and they told me to contact HP back again.
That means that YOU are not the shipper, HP is. HP has the contract with FedEx, and HP is the entity that needs to pursue any claim with FedEx.

If you sue with an attorney, you may win or you may lose. If you sue without an attorney, you may win or you may lose. Logic dictates that you'll have a better chance of winning if you have an attorney, but your likelihood of success depends more on the relevant facts.

By the way, I asked a bunch of questions in my prior response, which you ignored. Why?

Back