Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Can I have charges dropped and off my record for embezzlment charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyad2981

In June 2012 I was fired from my job for embezzlement, I was never arrested but a police officer called me and I never agreed to speak with him. In January of 2013 I found out that charges were filed and an arrest warrant issued and vacated by the judge on the day issued. The case still shows active 9 months later, I have never been arrested or brought to court to answer. its been over a year since this thing has been going on. Do I have a right to have charges dismissed based on lack of a speedy trial?

In June 2012 I was fired from my job for embezzlement, I was never arrested but a police officer called me and I never agreed to speak with him. In January of 2013 I found out that charges were filed and an arrest warrant issued and vacated by the judge on the day issued. The case still shows active 9 months later, I have never been arrested or brought to court to answer. its been over a year since this thing has been going on. Do I have a right to have charges dismissed based on lack of a speedy trial?

If the order (arrest warrant in your example) has been vacated, it no longer exists.

Bottom line, if true, there is no warrant out for you.

Call a local bail bondsman and ask him to verify if a warrant exists for your arrest. Find out how much the bail is, or if there is no bail. He'll let you know, without risking arrest, if a warrant exists.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back