Can I get this ticket dismissed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

r10reyna

I am wondering what the chances of having this ticket dismissed are. I was given a ticket for going 46 on a 35mph zone. The problem is that the officer got me on radar going 46mph about 400ft before the speed limit changed from 35mph to 45mph. I could plainly see the 45mph sign in front of me and I was adjusting my speed to it. The last sign that stated the speed limit of 35mph was half a mile and an intersection away. This was all on a bright sunny day and there was also a car on the lane next to me doing the same except that I happened to be ahead of it by half a car's length. The officer also mistakenly wrote 45 in a 31mph zone on the ticket rather then 35mph.

I also have my license on probation for one year meaning if I receive 2 tickets within this period I will have my license suspended. This is the first infraction I have received while on probation and would rather not have it end up on my record. Do my previous driving infractions affect the decision of the judge?

Another question I have is about requesting the officer to appear in court. Do I have to subpoena the officer before hand? And what if the judge states that the officer called in saying he couldn't make it because he was out of the city on business and asks me if I would like to reschedule the court date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back