Can I get the down payment back on my vehicle?

L

Ldypirate

Jurisdiction
Texas
I financed a truck and put $2,000 down as a down payment. I was approved by the finance company but my first payment has not come up yet. I have had the truck for three weeks now and I didn't get insurance on it. The finance company repossessed the truck last night because I still didn't have it insured but is there any way I can get my down payment back?

Not very likely but you can ask them. At the least they will deduct for the three weeks of use and their repo expenses. You may be able to get insurance get it back. Ask them.

I can't understand why anyone would want to take a major loss instead of simply insuring the vehicle. Now if it's as a result of being so desolate that you were unable to afford just the insurance payments then it's a combination of what was said above. Any and all fees, expenses and losses will be borne by you. If the truck was purchased new so that you had a used truck repossessed, chances are you'll be owing someone money. And if it was a used truck then chances are a large amount of the down payment if not all will be used for a rental fee and all fees related to repossession.

"The finance company repossessed the truck last night because I still didn't have it insured but is there any way I can get my down payment back?"

Seriously? This has to be a trick question.

Des.

"The finance company repossessed the truck last night because I still didn't have it insured but is there any way I can get my down payment back?"

Seriously? This has to be a trick question.

Des.

Good to see you back, Des.
I've missed reading your intelligent, spot on missives.
More importantly, I'm certain people with financial quandaries have, too.
I trust your health is improving.
If your circumstances and health permit, don't be a stranger, mate.

Good to see you back, Des.
I've missed reading your intelligent, spot on missives.
More importantly, I'm certain people with financial quandaries have, too.
I trust your health is improving.
If your circumstances and health permit, don't be a stranger, mate.

Thank you for your well wishes. Did have some health issues but nothing too bad. More an issue of lack of time to post regularly. I trust you are happy and healthy. Keep up the great posts.

Des

Back